Monday, April 2, 2007

Sabang Beach (San Jose, Camarines Sur)

[Bicol Trip - Day 1, Part 3 of 4]

After our scary drive to Consocep, we descended and headed east towards the coastal areas of San Jose, Camarines Sur. By this time it was already past 11pm and we were still driving along highways. There were still people on the road, we asked some locals for directions, some of them were drunk so we had to sprint off by the time we realized it to stay away from trouble (they smelled like Green Cross alcohol!).

An hour later, we finally found the beach areas of Sabang. We couldn't find any huge sign pointing to any resort so we asked some guy who was walking in the area. It was already walking distance from the shore so we knew we were in the right place, but looking around it seems like a sleeping town.

We followed the stranger as he walked while we followed him in our vehicle. He led us to some resort establishment which was under construction. The ground floor was half done but there were some rooms which were already furnished. We walked into the building and all the locals (I think some of them were construction workers) followed us in. I started to feel nervous because the area was very dimly lit and we left our only means of transport outside.

They woke up the manager (at that time I was thinking gang leader) and he turned on the lights adding some comfort to the ambiance. He showed us some small rooms but I told my uncle if we were the only ones sleeping there, it might not be a wise idea. Behind this building was the beach... we took a quick look and I couldn't tell if it was ok since everything was dark outside. After some small talk, we got a good price, but we left the place. By this time we were already very sleepy but there's no way we'll be staying here.

Too bad I wasn't able to take photos here because I kept watching the people around me. I don't even remember the resort's name. My brother called his friend to ask for other options, and we got Sagnay, Camarines Sur.

No comments: