Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Digital Image Workflow

I've come up with my own simple workflow to produce better quality images on my blog. I haven't ever taken any training on digital photography, so I'm still expecting the output of this process to be amateur grade images.

1.0 Pre-shot: Initializing Camera Settings
-----------------------------------------
1.1. Set shooting mode (Av is my favorite)
1.2. Set aperture (usually biggest, or sharpest f-stop)
1.3. Set flash mode (usually disabled to use natural lighting)
1.4. Set focus point (useful for stationary objects)
1.5. Set focus mode (usually AF)
1.6. Set WB mode (depending on lighting)
1.7. Set ISO (initial 400)

2.0 Pre-shot: Adjustments
------------------------
2.1. Evaluate shutter speed
2.2. Minimize ISO setting
2.3. Initial shot
2.4. Adjust Exposure Value (based on Histogram)

3.0 Final Camera Image
---------------------
3.1. Take Final Photo

4.0 PostProcessing
-----------------
4.1. Download Original Images
4.2. Adjust Levels/Curves
4.3. Adjust Saturation (usually +10 to 30 depending on emphasis)
4.4. Image Sharpen
4.5. Adjust Brightness/Contrast (for increased sharpness)
4.6. Crop Image
4.7. Save Image to PostProcessed folder (ready for printing)

No comments: