Sunday, February 25, 2007

Strange Pen Incident

Last Christmas I received a gift -- a silver pen that had a laser pointer and flashlight.
I brought this during my trip to Korea. On my way back (transit from Hong Kong to Manila) I can clearly remember it, I had with me only one handcarry baggage and placed my jacket inside it before the flight. I placed this bag in the overhead storage.

During the flight, I was holding only 3 things: my mobile phone, passport and this pen. I was sure the pen was there because I used it to fill up my disembarkation card. After writing, I clipped the pen on the seat pocket in front of me. I fell asleep for a bit after that, and during the plane's descent I found out that the pen wasn't on the seat pocket anymore. It wasn't on my seat, and definitely not clipped on my pants or shirt. I gave up looking for it after almost 10 minutes of awkwardly looking under nearby seats and aisles. When the plane landed I hesitated at first but brought it to the attention of the crew so that they would do a quick sweep of the area to see if anything was found. I looked around again after the plane was emptied, but found nothing. Since the plane had to leave soon, the crew asked me to fill up a form so that if they find it, then can call back and send it to me. When I reached home I checked all my stuff one last time and after that I was sure I didn't accidentally placed it in my bag.

I thought that day was the end of my pen... two days later, I told my mom that I lost it. Suddenly she mentioned that she saw it somewhere and let my brother borrow it for school that day. I saw the pen that same evening, and nobody received any deliveries for this pen. I couldn't explain how it got back -- this was really weird.

A couple of days later I went to Toyota to have my car fixed. While waiting, I went to the showroom to check out the latest variants. I don't know what exactly happened or why, but after checking one of the Vios units, something told me that I might have dropped a pen in the Vios. I went back to that car in the showroom and opened the door... and right below the driver's seat (somewhere under the spot where you have the lever to recline the seat) I found the pen. So much luck for almost losing the pen twice!

... Later, when I reached home, I found out that I already had 2 of these pens! The one I found in Toyota was actually another pen (it actually looked slightly different because a sticker on the side was peeled off).

I wish this can also happen to my wallet (when full) or cellphone.

No comments: