Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Have Two Eggs in Tomas Morato Ext.

I had lunch with Nikki today at a place named "I Have Two Eggs". Very funny name for a tapsilog restaurant, but the food really carries it -- every dish is cooked with two eggs! We tried Tuna Tomato Omelette, Popeye's Delight (spinach) Omelette, and their T-Bone steak. Dishes were mostly mix and fry, presentation is better than fastfood and close enough to what I would consider casual dining. I'm not sure how far these eggs will go but maybe after coming back several times, people will start to think that the dishes are all too simple and can be done at home with significantly lower costs. I didn't pay that much attention to the food (it's not bad at all, actually I finished everything), the ambiance was also unimposing (glass, white walls, and huge framed photos of their dishes), but somehow I was able to focus my attention on Nikki, after all I was there to sit, talk and spend lunchtime with her (Yey!). Overall it was great :)

I wonder if critics ever talk about non-restaurant items like people they ate with, because in this case the place and food crept into the background, and my curiosity floated over to what was more important. I could have done this intentionally but here it was almost automatic -- it sounds weird but I think it's a special characteristic.

Moving on to other stuff -- How do you balance your restaurant experience based on food/resto quality and friend quality? Here it is finally... Chard's nasty guide hehehe. We assume food/resto price to be fairly proportional to quality in this model. The big black dotted line is an assumed personal expectation. Use at your own risk and dont take it seriously! Red dot is where I and Nikki stood today (almost got late because of talking hehe)

2 comments:

LegallyChef said...

bored ka na ba?

Nikki Dizon said...

haha!interesting take on restaurant reviews.nice! i'm hoping we could check out more restos soon!